Romans 10:11-13

"Anyone who trusts in Him will never be put to shame, for there is no difference between Jew or Gentile, the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on Him, for everyone who believes on the name of the Lord will be saved. How, then, can they call on the One they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the One whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? An how can they preach unless they are sent?" Romans 10:11-14

Friday, January 9, 2009

Workin' Mom Goes All Pro 31 On Everybody!

Well, I have just finished my first week back at work after being on "maternity" leave with Sam. I was privileged to be able to spend October 13 (when we left for Guatemala) until January 5 being an at home mom. I got to stay in my pj's a little longer, drink another cup of coffee (or 2), and bond with a precious little boy! It was a really special time. I enjoyed it!! This week has been good too. I got to see all the kids at school again, hear their Christmas stories and get loved on!! My mom was able to keep Sam and enjoyed every minute of it (or so she said...). It really hasn't been as hard as I thought. Don't get me wrong...I would stay home if I could! But right now that is not an option.
I have thought a lot about working moms today. Even read about one in the bible. You may even be familiar with the Proverbs 31 mom. She's perfect! She gets up real early and cooks breakfast for everybody. She dabbles in real estate. She earns money and then spends money and knows how well she has invested. She can make clothes for her family and then some. She is like a boy scout and is always prepared for anything. She is well dressed. Her husband is well known and respected! Her children love her to pieces and her husband just adores her! Man!! What an example of a working mom!!!
I have read her story over and over. Sometimes I hang my head in disgust because I know I am no where near any of those things! I can barely sew on a button, much less make a shirt! I do not, repeat, do not get up early and certainly not while it is still dark!! I love cereal for breakfast so no cooking is involved! The list goes on!!!
Then again, this passage has inspired me to try and become more like the Proverbs 31 woman. I become determined! I get up a littler sooner, burn some pancakes, iron a shirt, and maybe pull some weeds. I may mop the floors and do 3 loads of laundry. By then I am so tired that when my child "blesses" me by cleaning the bathroom with his shampoo, I might just bless him out!! This of course ruins any kind of loving thoughts my husband might have had about me and if he goes out in public he certainly doesn't want anyone to bring up the fact that he is married to me!!! Has anyone else been here??? Have you tried to be her???
I'm going to continue this thought in another blog because I know this is long. In the mean time, I want you to ask your husband how many times he has read Proverbs 31 and then ask yourself how many times have you??? I bet you'll be surprised! Bye for now! Love to you all, Shannon


No comments: